Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A not-so-normal Tuesday morning

Morning routine: 5 a.m. - Put the dogs & cats outside...start the coffee...fill dog & cat food bowls...change all the furry & feathered water bowls...chop some fruit & veggies for the parrots...catch the big honkin' waterbug that's crawling up the wall...WHAT!!! Hold the phone...brain comes to a screeching halt!

While I'm half asleep, puttering in the kitchen this morning, something moving up the wall catches my eye. AAAIIIEEE!!! A HUGE freakin' oriental cockroach (waterbug). I grab some paper towels and a broom (for protection) and try to catch him, but he falls to the floor and scurries under the stove as I'm trying to hit him with the trusty broom. I wait patiently for him to come out, like a sniper, but when he does he scuttles into the dining room cuz I'm not fast enough!!! Crafty bug. This is where my super hero cat, Oliver, comes to the rescue. He saw that thing moving like lightning across the floor and he POUNCED! Good kitty!!! That bad ol' cockroach is sleepin' wit da fishies. I flushed three times because I don't want it crawling back up and biting my hoohaw while I'm sitting on the throne!


No comments: